Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Worrying that my bean sprout would turn bad, I decided to make this stir fried. It is quite simple yet easy to prepare. You may add any kind of veggies as you like.
- 1 napa cabbage, cut into small pieces
- bunch of bean sprout
- 1/2 can of sweet green peas
- 200gr of headless shrimp, cut into 2 each
- 200gr of meat (chicken/pork/beef), boil and cut into small cubes, use a little bit of the broth
- 5 cloves of garlic, chop thinly
- 2 cloves of small red onion, chop thinly
- 1 Tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp of maizena or corn flour, mix it with a little bit of water
- 1 tsp of ground white pepper
- oil for saute
In a wok, saute onion and garlic with a little bit of oil until brownish. Add shrimp and continue to cook until it changes color. Add meat and sesame oil and stir it well. Add oyster sauce and app. 200ml broth and cook until boiling. Add napa cabbage and cook for 3minutes (do not overcooked). Add bean sprout and sweet green peas. Pour in the maizena solution and stir it instantly until the water thicken. Adjust the taste with salt, sugar and pepper.