Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Got the recipe from Bou Bulan-Chris' auntie...It turned out so good. If you make it really dry, you may keep it for a week without refrigerating.
- 3 cans of flaked tuna in water, discard the water
- 8 chili paddy or bird's eye chili, chop thinly
- 5 cloves of garlic, chop thinly
- 4 cloves of small red onion, chop thinly
- 4cm of galangal, cut into 2 and crack it with pestle
- 4 lime leaves
- 3 Tbsp of sugar
- oil for saute
In a pan, saute garlic and onion with a little bit of oil until fragrant. Add chopped chili, galangal and lime leaves and continue to saute for another 2minutes. Add flaked tuna and stir it well while cooking. Add sugar and salt, mix it well. You may add some more sugar to get sweeter result.
Preheat oven at 350F for 5minutes. Place the seasoned tuna in aluminum pan and put it in the oven and bake it for 40minutes or until you get the desired dryness. Stir it every 10minutes to get an even heat distribution. Keep it in a dry container after cooling off.