Caramel Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce

Tuesday, April 15, 2008


When I dated my boyfriend-who is now my husband, one of the memorable time was when he cooked this chicken for me. I really like the combination of crunchiness, sweet and fragrant (of the lime leaves) and of course his willingness to cook for me. This time even though the recipe originally came from my husband, I modified it with caramelizing sugar to make it more aromatic.

Ingredients:
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 5 cloves of garlic, chop it thinly
- 5 cloves of small red onion, chop it thinly
- 4 lime leaves
- sweet soy sauce
- sugar
- salt
- ground white pepper
- water
- oil for frying and saute

In a pan, deep fried the chicken drumstick with hot oil under medium high heat until brownish and crunchy. Dry off the excessed oil by placing it on paper towel, and then put it aside.
In a wok, saute garlic and onion with a little bit of oil until brownish. Add lime leaves and continue to saute for another 2minutes. Add app. 4 Tbsp of sugar and stir it until caramelized. Add a little bit of water to avoid burnt. Add sweet soy sauce and continue to stir until boiling. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper. At last add the fried chicken, mix it well and continue to cook for another 5minutes.

0 comments:

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino