Friday, April 25, 2008
This menu is for my Bianca...it is easy to prepare and she loves it. Sometimes I put egg drops too, but not this time.
- 100gr of somen noodle/misua
- 2 luffa, peel off the hard skin, cut into 1cm in thickness
- 2 carrot, peel off the skin, cut into 1cm in thickness
- 150gr of headless shrimp, discard the shell and cut into 4 each
- 4 cloves of garlic, chop thinly
- 3 cloves of small red onion, chop thinly
- 1 block of chicken broth
- 2 green onion, chop thinly
- 1 tsp of ground white pepper
- oil for saute
- egg (optional)
- fried onion
In a pan, saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add shrimp and saute until changed color. Add luffa and then carrot and continue to saute for 2minutes. Add water and cook until boiling. Add chicken broth and mix it well. Add green onion and adjust the taste with salt, sugar and pepper. At last add the somen/misua and cook for 2minutes. If you like to put some egg, drop it before you add the somen, and wait until boiling again.
To serve, sprinkle some fried onion.