Wednesday, September 24, 2008
I have made these snacks before my second child was born, but did not get a chance to post it here. So here is the pics and recipe for it.
- Spring roll skins (available frozen at Asian stores)
- 150gr of vermicelli, boil in water for 2min, drain, mix with sesame oil and sweet soy sauce
- 150gr of ground beef
- 100gr of shrimp, chop into small pieces
- 2 carrot, julliene cuts
- 2 green onion, chop thinly
- 4 cloves of garlic, chop thinly
- 2 cloves of small red onion, chop thinly
- 2Tbsp of fish sauce
- 1tsp of ground white pepper
- frying oil
In a wok, saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add ground beef and shrimp and cook until changed color. Add fish sauce and pepper. Add cut carrots and cook for 2min. Add boiled vermicelli and mix it well. Add green onion and mix and turn off the stove.
To make the spring roll, place 1Tbsp of the filling on the centre of spring roll skin. Roll it and form an envelope-liked shape. Glue the margin with water. Deep fry it with hot oil under medium high heat until golden brown and crunchy. Place it on a plate layered with paper towel to absorb the excessed oil. Serve it with hot sauce or chili paddy.