Sunday, March 9, 2008
This is what we had for dinner last Saturday. We had it with the squid (I will post it later on) and warm steam rice. I made this and the squid while chatting with wonder-women (in alphabetical order-Ayin, Deetha, Judith and Mel). We surely had a good time...
- a bunch of water morning glory (Indonesian-kangkung), wash and cut into 8cm in length
- 4 cloves of small red onion, chop thinly
- 4 cloves of garlic, chop thinly
- 8 dried chili paddy, cut into 3 each
- 3cm ginger, slice into 6
- 3cm of galangal, cut into 2
- 3 Indonesian bay leaves
- 1 tomato, cut into 8
- 3 Tbsp fermented soybean paste (Indonesian-taoco)
- 2 Tbsp sweet soy sauce
- oil for saute
In a wok, saute onion, garlic, ginger and galangal for 2 minutes. Add bay leaves and continue to saute for another minute. Add tomato and soybean paste, stir it well. Add sweet soy sauce and 200ml of water, and then stir and continue to cook until boiling. Adjust the taste with salt and sugar. At last put in the water morning glory and cook for 4minutes. Do not overcooked.