Clear Spinach Soup (Sayur Bening Bayam)

Friday, March 7, 2008


Every time I made this soup, I always forgot to take picture of it, coz we normally eat it right away considering that spinach is only good to eat while it is freshly cooked . Two days ago when I made it again, my husband took the camera and placed it on our dining table so that I would not forget to take a picture. Thank hubby!

Ingredients:
- a bunch of spinach, wash and cut into 8cm in length
- 200gr of sweet corn-creamy and peaches
- 5 cloves of small red onion, chop thinly
- 5 cloves of garlic, chop thinly
- 1 block of chicken broth
- salt
- sugar
- water

In a pot boil some water, app. 1.5 lt. When it is boiled, add chopped onion, garlic and chicken broth. Stir it well. Add some salt and sugar to taste. Add corn and continue to cook for 6minutes. At last add the spinach and boil for another 2minutes (do not overcooked).

Note: I normally eat it with steam rice, fried steamed mackerel and belacan chili paste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for d recipe. I'm gonna cook it right away, i always like dis soup cooked by my grandma and now i gotta cook for my boyfriend. ^^

Lidia Sianturi said...

Happy cooking and thx for visiting!

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino