Thursday, March 20, 2008
Despite I have craved for meat balls since I was 6w pregnant and had 3 bowls of it when coming to a friend's house last month, having a look at Tutut's blog urged me to make it myself.
So I bought a package of chicken meat balls and some beef bones when I did shopping at an Asian store.
- 1 package of chicken meat balls (available at Asian stores)
- 400gr of beef bones
- 5 cloves of garlic, crack it with pestle
- 2 tsp ground white pepper
- water app. 1.5lt
- 1 package of egg noodle or vermicelli, boil in water until cooked, drain, then add some sesame oil and mix it well
- fried/boiled wonton
- fried tofu
- crushed chili
- sweet soy sauce
- 4 green onion, chop thinly
- preserved cabbage-tongcai
- fried onion
In a pot, boil beef bones with water to get the broth. Discard the surfaced foam. Add garlic and adjust the taste with salt, pepper and sugar. Add the chicken meat balls and continue to cook until boiling again.
To serve, in a bowl place some cooked noodle or vermicelli, fried tofu, wonton and then pour some of the soup with some chicken meat balls. Add crushed chili and sweet soy sauce and garnish with green onion, tongcai and fried onion. Serve while it is hot.