Saturday, March 29, 2008
Since I have tempeh in stock and drooled over bucil's Buto Ijo, last week I made this stir fried menu. It is simple yet delicious.
- 1 package of tempeh, cut into small squares, fry until golden brown
- 1 block of medium hard tofu, cut into small squares, fry until half-cooked
- a bunch of haricot beans, slice
- 6 of big green chili, slice thinly
- 5 cloves of garlic, chop thinly
- 4 cloves of small red onion, chop thinly
- 8 chili paddy or bird's eye chili, slice thinly
- 4cm of galangal
- 2 Tbsp of soybean paste (Indonesian-taoco)
- 2 Tbsp of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tomato, cut into 12, you may replace it with tamarind juice
- oil for frying and saute
In a wok, saute garlic and onion with a little bit of oil for 2minutes. Add green chili, chili and galangal and continue to saute for another 2minutes. Add soybean paste, sweet soy sauce and app. 200ml water, mix it well and continue to cook until boiling. Add tomato and fried tempeh and tofu and mix it again. Adjust the taste with salt and sugar. Continue to cook until boiling again. Serve it with warm steam rice.