Thursday, March 27, 2008
Got some leftover fried meat-stuffed tofu, the next day I decided to make batagor-fried stuffed tofu with peanut dressing, originally were sold at street stalls in Bandung, West Java Indonesia. And since I still have some meat filling, I also made fried wonton.
- Fried meat-stuffed tofu
- Fried wonton
To make peanut dressing:
- 200gr skinless peanut, roast in an oven or fry without oil until brownish
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 lime leaves
- 8 chili paddy or bird's eye chili
- 1 block of palm sugar, shred it
- 1 tsp of ground lesser galangal (Indonesian-kencur bubuk)
- 2 Tbsp of sweet soy sauce
In a blender, put all ingredients to make dressing except sweet soy sauce, salt and sugar. Blend it until you get smooth mix, add some water as needed. Pour it into a pot and boil it. Add sweet soy sauce, salt and sugar to taste.
To serve, arrange cut fried stuffed tofu and wonton in a plate. Then pour the dressing over it (you may add some more sweet soy sauce). Drizzle some lime juice if you like.