Simplified Lamb Tongseng (Tonseng Kambing Sederhana)

Friday, February 29, 2008


I craved for lamb satay and Christian went to a market last Sunday to buy the meat. But the butcher said that boneless lamb meat is only available on Saturday. That day he only saw some lamb meat with bones. He called me and asked if I still want him to buy it. Hm...Quicky I said, yes, buy it! I checked my stuff in the fridge and kitchen and I knew that I had all of the ingredients I needed to make lamb tongseng. Well, I did not have cabbage though, but it's okay, since I have been gassing and nausea a lot lately, so better to avoid eating cabbage.
So here it is my recipe of simplified lamb tongseng.

Ingredients:
- 800gr of lamb meat with bones, cut into small cubes
- 8 cloves of garlic, chop thinly
- 6 cloves of small red onion, chop thinly
- 15 chili paddy or bird's eye chili, chop thinly
- 6 candle nuts, crush until smooth
- 1 lime
- 2 tomato, cut into 8 each
- 2 Tbsp of margarine
- 2 tsp of ground white pepper
- 100ml of sweet soy sauce
- salt
- water
- fried onion

In a wok, heat up margarine and saute chopped garlic and onion until brownish. Add chopped chili, continue to saute for another 1minute. Add the lamb meat and cook until change color, stir occasionally. Add candle nuts, pepper, salt and sweet soy sauce. Mix it well. Add lime juice and water as much as needed. Adjust the taste with salt, pepper and sweet soy sauce. Continue to cook until the meat tender.
To serve, in a bowl place some cut tomato and then pour the lamb tongseng. Sprinkle some fried onion. Eat it with steam rice and Indonesian crackers (kerupuk).

0 comments:

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino