Wednesday, February 13, 2008
I felt like eating something fishy and spicy....and then saw some fresh squid in a market, decided to buy and cook this one.
- 4 big squid, discard the ink-sac and cartilage, wash and cut app. 1cm in width
- 3 medium firm tofu, cut into 8 each
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 5 cloves of small red onion
- 10 chili paddy or bird's eye chili
- 1 lemon grass, cut into 4cm in length
- 4 Indonesian bay leaves
- 4 lime leaves
- 1/3 can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- oil for frying
In a frying pan, fry cut tofu until half-cooked. Put it aside.
In a blender or chopper, chop garlic, onion and chili.
In a wok, saute the chopped garlic-onion-chili, cut lemon grass, bay leaves and lime leaves for 2minutes. Add the squid and continue to saute until the squid changed color. Add some water and continue to cook for 15minutes. Add coconut milk, continue to cook and stir occasionally. Add coriander, cumin, salt and sugar to taste. At last add the fried tofu and let it cooked for another 5minutes. Serve with steam rice.