Thursday, February 28, 2008
All of a sudden I craved for corn fritter, so on one quiet afternoon I made this one and it's gone so fast, only for snacking.
- 200 gr of sweet corn (peaches and creme)
- 100 gr of headless shrimp, peel of the skin, chop into small pieces
- 75 gr of wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 cloves of small red onion
- 8 chili paddy or bird's eye chili
- 2 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of ground white pepper
- 2 green onion, chop thinly
- 4 lime leaves, chop thinly
- 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric
- oil for frying
In a chopper, chop half of the corn, garlic, onion and chili until medium-coarse. In a mixing bowl mix all of the ingredients except oil. Mix it well and add some water little by little until the desired consistency.
In a frying pan, heat some oil under high heat. When it is hot, lower the heat. Using spoon, make ball from the dough mix and deep fry it until brownish. Try not to flip it over and over (once or twice is enough).