Wednesday, February 20, 2008
It is almost the same as my writing before "Crunchy Tempeh-Anchovy (Kering Tempe Ikan- Teri)". It was eaten with yellow rice and Spicy Shrimp-Tofu-Potato (Sambal Goreng Udang-Tahu-Kentang).
- 200gr regular potato stick (available at supermarket)
- 200gr dried anchovy, fry until brown
- 6 cloves small red onion, slice thinly
- 6 cloves garlic, slice thinly
- 4 Tbsp of crushed chili (I used "Sambal Oelek" available in a jar or bottle at Asian stores)
- 4cm of galangal, cut into 4
- 5 Indonesian bay leaves
- 1 block/cylinder of palm sugar, grate it
- 2 tsp of tamarind, mix it with 100ml hot water, discard the seed and skin
- oil for frying
In a pan, saute garlic and onion with a little bit oil for 1-2 minutes. Add chili, galangal and bay leaves. Continue to saute for another 1minutes. Add the tamarind mix and palm sugar. Stir it evenly, until all the sugar dissolved. Add potato stick and anchovy. Lower the heat and continue to stir until all the liquid absorbed. Add salt and sugar to taste.