Since having a new site, the event of Indonesian foodie blogger masak bareng yuuk has been having pooling for the monthly theme. And to open the year of 2009 the pooling result is tom yum goong, Thai prawn soup with lemongrass. This soup is one of the main signature dishes of Thai and it has well-blended hot and sour flavor. To make it from scratch really freaks me out...so I just made it using instant seasoning available at Asian stores and added some fresh seasoning.
- 400g of medium sized prawn, peel of the shell but leave the tails
- 10 fish balls, cut into 4 each
- 200g of mushroom, cut in half
- 3Tbsp of Tom Yum Goong instant seasoning
- 1stalk of lemongrass, cut into 5cm in length
- 4cm of galangal, cut into 4
- 5 kafir lime leaves
- 4Tbsp of fish sauce
- bunch of cilantro or coriander leaves
Boil water in a pot (app. 1.5L), then add instant seasoning, lemongrass, galangal and lime leaves, stir it well. Add fish sauce and adjust the taste with salt and sugar. Add mushroom and continue to cook for 2minutes. Add prawn and cook for another 2minutes. Do not overcook.
To serve, place the soup in a bowl and then garnish it with cilantro.