When I went to Calgary last July, I purchased these special Indonesian Noodle Crackers (Indonesian-krupuk mie) which good to go with specific veggie salad. However, I did not have time to prepare the salad. Last week I blogwalked and visited Judith's page where she has this asinan sayur. Since then, I really wanted to prepare it myself, so yesterday I made it and kept it in fridge for a day. Here is my version of asinan sayur.
- 200g of coleslaw mixed veggie (a great shortcut for lazy people like me...)
- bunch of lettuce, slice thinly
- 1/2 cucumber, slice thinly
- 150g of bean sprout
- 2 blocks of fried tofu, cut into small squares
- 3cloves of garlic, coarsely crushed
- 150g of coconut sugar
- 2Tbsp of Sambal Oelek
- 1/2 lime
- 150g of peanut, fry it with a little bit of oil
- Indonesian noodle crackers
In a pot, bring water into boiling. Add coconut sugar and stir until all dissolved. Add garlic, Sambal Oelek, salt and sugar to taste. Continue to cook until boiling again. Remove it from stove, drizzle the lime juice and keep it aside until cooling. Meanwhile mix all of the veggies and tofu in a big container with a lid. Then pour the cool liquid sauce over. Put the lid on and keep it in a fridge overnightly. To serve, place it in a bowl, sprinkle some fried peanuts on top and add the crackers at the side. Serve it cold.