Mun Tofu (Mun Tahu) - My used to be SMS-Delivery Service Order

Friday, May 22, 2009

Mun Tahu3

When I was single, lived and worked in Jakarta, Indonesia, I only sometimes cooked for myself. Some other times I bought food which was widely available in my neighborhood. When short messaging service was climaxly used, there were some restaurants or even food stalls which accepted delivery order through sms. I took this advantage of ordering the food too without having to get out of my bedroom. One of the dish which I often ordered from a Chinese restaurant is Mun Tofu. It has been almost 6 years I did not have this dish. This time I delivered it myself from my very own kitchen, since I won't be able to order it by sms-ing a Chinese restaurant here.

Ingredients:
- 3 blocks of soft tofu, cut into small cubes
- 250g of ground chicken meat
- 200g of shrimp
- 1/2 can of shitake mushroom, sliced
- 6cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4cm of ginger, cracked with pestle
- 3Tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1Tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1Tbsp of tapioca flour, diluted with a little bit of water
- 1tsp of ground white pepper
- sugar
- sesame oil
- water

Mun Tahu4

Directions:
In a wok, saute garlic and ginger with sesame oil until fragrant. Then add ground chicken and stir until the color changed. Add shrimp and stir for 1minute and add tofu, soy sauce, oyster sauce, some water (app. 150mL), pepper, and sugar to taste. Cook until boiling. At last add tapioca solution to thicken the broth, stir it instantly. Serve it warm with steamed rice.

3 comments:

tata | bonitafood said...

Lama gak mampir sini, wah ternyata bikin Mun Tofu gak susah ya Mbak Lid. Jadi pengen coba kapan-kapan. Tp gak teu kapan hehehe. Makasih resepnya mbak...

Unknown said...

hehee podo aku nek pas ke jakarta liat adikku pesen makanan lewat SMS, keren pisan yo...wah dah lama ga gawe mun tahu...ngko wes nek wes balek soko malaysia

Rurie said...

Mengenang masa single nih ye...cicuit.... ^^

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino