Butter Cookies - My Childhood Fave

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

butter cookies

Back in my country, I used to have butter cookies which were sold in a can and came together with other cookies. The taste was so good and buttery of course and it melted in my mouth. Oh..I really wish I could find the same brand of it here. One day I visited a good friend of mine and she showed me a recipe book that got the recipe of butter cookies in it. I took a note of the ingredients and directions and practiced it in my kitchen. I modified half of the recipe with mocha essence. It turn out really good. So now, I can turn to my own kitchen when I feel like having this childhood favorite cookies.

Source: "Pandai Memasak Jilid 10", modified by me
Ingredients:
- 175 g butter
- 125g sugar
- 250g all purpose flour
- 2 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp mocha essence (my modification)
- egg yolk+milk for glazing (my modification)

butter cookies2

Directions:
Beat butter, sugar and egg yolk with a mixer until smooth. Add flour and mix well. Divide it into 2, and add vanilla essence to one of it and mocha to the other, mix it well. Prepare a cookie sheet by greasing it with margarine. Then using a pipping bag, form the dough as rings, give space in between. Bake at 350F for 20-25minutes. Glaze the top surface with egg yolk and milk. Put it back to the oven and continue to bake for another 5minutes.

4 comments:

Elsye said...

gue conteeekkkk hihihih..sengkiyuu berat Lid, iki bikin aku pengen bangets :P

Lidia Sianturi said...

hahaha...iya ini kesukaanku waktu kecil Els..n tetep sampe skrg...

Yeni Yulinda said...

sepintas ngeliatnya kayak donut ya lid..

Lidia Sianturi said...

hahaha...ini kecil2 dan gepeng Yen...kayak kukis biasa..

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino