Modified Soto Banjar

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Soto Banjar2

I intended to join the "Masak Bareng" event for Indonesian foodie blogger which is held monthly and last month menu was Soto Banjar. Unfortunately due to my additional activity of taking care my two kids, I could not post it on time. It is supposed to be posted on the last Thursday of the month, which was on September 25.
Since I have cooked it for dinner, I just asked permission to post it without attaching any logo of the event as if I am not joining this event. Let say it is my update to post this menu.
Thank you to Deetha who had sent me the recipe, which I modified according to what I have left in my kitchen.

Ingredients:
- 4 chicken breast
- 2lt of water
- 1tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves (I skipped this, and replaced it with 1tsp of Chinese five spices)
- 3 cardamom (I skipped this)
- 3Tbsp of margarine
- 1 clove of small red onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1.5 tsp of ground white pepper
- salt
- sugar

Side dishes:
- 3 boiled eggs, cut into half each
- 50gr of clear vermicelli, boiled and drained
- potato fritter
- fried onion
- lime juice
- 2 green onion, chop thinly
- sweet soy sauce
- crushed chili

Soto Banjar

Directions:
In a blender crush onion and garlic until smooth. Keep it aside.
In a pot, boil chicken breast in water with nutmeg, five spices and cinnamon stick until done. Take out the chicken and shred it and keep it aside. Discard the cinnamon stick. Saute crushed onion and garlic with margarine until fragrant and transfer it into the broth. Add pepper, salt and sugar to taste.
Serve it in a bowl by placing some steam rice on the bottom then top it up with clear vermicelli and shredded chicken meat, pour some broth over. Add the side dishes. Serve it hot.

Note: the recipe is good for 8 bowl of Soto.
Source: Tabloid Saji, modified by Lidia Sianturi

0 comments:

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino