Snow White Cookies - Christmas Count Down

Thursday, December 16, 2010

IMG_8518

I was supposed to write this Christmas count down post 3 days ago, so that I could fit to my 12th day before Christmas version. But I hardly find time to sit and type on my computer, an excuse of having frozen brain..**blame it to the weather, the heater does not help**
Oh well, so here is my 9th day before Christmas post. Enjoy!

Today I would like to share our fave cookies recipe...we call it Putri Salju (snow white cookies), coz it is coated with icing sugar. The common recipe does not have cheese in it, I added Edam and Old Cheddar this time, and I like it.

Ingredients:

- 225g butter (I like the salted one)
- 100g fine granulated sugar
- 200g ground baked cashew nuts
- 250g all purpose flour
- 100g grated cheese (mix of Edam and Old Cheddar)

For coating:
- 120g icing sugar


IMG_7387


Directions:
Whisk butter and sugar until smooth and pale. Add the cashew nuts, flour and grated cheese and mix them well. Make a ball of the dough and cover it with plastic wrap. Keep it in a fridge for an hour. Preheat the oven to 300F and layer the cookie tin with parchment paper. Take the dough out of the fridge and form half-moon shapes. Place them on the tin, give space in between. Bake for 20min at 300F. When it is done, take out and cool off for 3min, then coat them with icing sugar. Keep them in an airtight container.


Putri Salju Keju

0 comments:

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino