- oil for frying
- bread crumbs/panko (apparently panko is crunchier than bread crumbs)
- 3 egg white, whisk briefly
To make potato skin:
- 7 potato, peel off the skin, wash and cut into small chunks, deep fry it with hot oil until cooked
- 5Tbsp of cheese spread
- 2Tbsp of fresh milk (you may skip)
- 1 egg
To make ragout:
- 200gr of boiled chicken thigh and cut into pieces
- 2 carrot, peel of the skin and cut into small cubes
- 2 potato, peel of the skin and cut into small cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic, chop thinly
- 1 cloves of shallot, chop thinly
- 2 green onion, chop thinly
- 60ml of chicken broth
- 200ml of fresh milk
- 2Tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1tsp of ground white pepper
- oil for saute
Prepare ragout by sauteing garlic and onion until fragrant. Then add chicken pieces and stir. Add cut carrot, potato and cook until done. Add chicken broth, pepper, salt and sugar, stir well. Add flour and instantly stir to avoid burning, then add milk and stir well until thicken. Add green onion, mix. Keep it aside.
To make the potato skin, mash the fried potato while it is still hot until smooth. Add the cheese spread and milk and mix it well. Let it cool down to room temperature and then add the egg. Mix it well.
To make the croquette: take a scoop of the skin and roll it on hand to form a ball and then flatten it on the palm of hand. Fill it with a spoon of ragout and then roll back the potato skin to cover the filling. Dip it in bread crumbs and then in egg white and again in bread crumbs. Deep fry it with hot oil under medium high heat until golden brown and crispy at the outside.
Serve it warm with hot sauce or mayo.
Note: the recipe is good to make 15pieces of medium sized croquette.