Princess Ariel Birthday Cake for My Beautiful Princess

Thursday, August 25, 2011


Front view - back focus

To make her kids happy is every mom's greatest desire. And that's my desire too to make my kids happy...super happy, especially on their birthday. It's been more than 3years I really wanted to make birthday cake for my own kids, well I have had that desire since Bianca was born. I envy people who have tons of activities, full time worker, yet still have time to make birthday cake for their owns. Thus last April, I put up together all my guts to make my very first fondant covered birthday cake for my Princess. She likes Princess Ariel, the Little Mermaid, so I decided to use "Under the Sea" theme. And here is the result...Look how happy she was!

Bianca's birthday

Ingredients:
Cake Base: I used 1.5x recipe of Lapis Surabaya cake (the economic version), but make it all chocolatey, no layer no filling.
A: (remember to multiply it by 1.5)
- 8 egg yolks
- 9 egg
- 300g fine granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ovalet/emulsifier

B:
- 150g all purpose flour
- 25g corn starch

C:
- 250g melted margarine

D:
- 1 Tbsp rum
- 1 Tbsp chocolate paste

Decorations:
- Princess Ariel candle
- rolled fondant
- food grade gel coloring
- 2 pieces vanilla flavored wafers
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- chocolate ganache
- 2 bamboo skewers

B's birthday cake collage

Directions:

Mix and whisk A until fluffy. Add B and mix it under low speed. Add C and mix it well. Add D into it and mix it well. Pour the batter into greased 9inches and 6inches round cake pans. Bake at 175C for 35min until done. Cool it off. Spread the chocolate ganache on top and side. Cover with colored rolled fondant. Put the small cake on top of the big one, insert 2 bamboo skewers to hold the two cakes together. Decorate as you like.
For sand: mix brown sugar and wafers in a chopper, then sprinkle on the cake at the desired part.

Note: tutorial on how to make sea creatures will be posted soon.

B's birthday collage1

I also want to submit this post to Masak Bareng Yuuk (birthday edition). Happy birthday Masbar!


1 comments:

Lidia Sianturi said...

Thank you for inviting. I have registered and will post and share some recipes soon.

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino