Green tea Kattetong/Cookies (Lidah Kucing Hijau)

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Green Tea Katetong (Cat's Tongue Cookies)

I have a good foodie friend who loves chocolate and green tea so much. And she does not stop there, she moves along to create foods by substituting the ingredient with green tea..and it always came out lovely. One of her creations was this green tea kattetong. I made this myself in July last year after seeing the recipe of hers and would like to share the English version for you.

Source: Kedai Rachmah (In Indonesian)
Ingredients:
125g butter
85g fine granulated sugar
35mL egg white
1 egg yolk
120g low protein wheat flour (I used all purpose flour)
1tsp of matcha/green tea powder
1/4tsp green tea paste (I skipped this one)
2g baking powder
3g Emplex (I skipped this one, this is used to make the cookie crunchier)

In the making

Direction:
Beat the butter, emplex (if used), sugar and green tea paste until smooth and fluffy. Add the egg yolk, mix it well. Then add the egg white, beat again until smooth and well blended. Gradually add flour, baking powder, and green tea powder and mix it with lower speed. Place the dough inside a piping bag and cut it out for 1cm (diameter) hole at the tip. Then squeezed out the dough into a greased kattetong mould.

In the making

Since I do not have the mould, I just placed the dough on a cookie tin which was lined with a piece of parchment paper ( as shown on the above picture).
Bake in a preheat oven at 300F for 12-15min until done.
You may add some sesame seeds, like what I did before. And I love the one with these sesame seeds better.

Note: for a better look, choose black sesame seeds to give a beautiful contrast.

Green Tea Katetong (Cat's Tongue Cookies w/ Sesame Seeds)

0 comments:

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino