Black and White Wednesday - Week#14 - Bread Fruit

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sukun (Bread-fruit)

There is a particular fresh produce store here in Edmonton, called H&W produce which I really wanted to visit since 2 months ago. However, it did not happen soon...not until 3 weeks ago. Thus, I came for a short visit and instantly in love with this store..The prices are incredibly low compared to other stores. They sell various fresh and some exotic products too. On the first visit I saw this breadfruit and I recognized it as "Sukun" the name I knew back then in my hometown, but decided not to buy it, since I was not familiar with the English name and not sure whether it is the same thing as Sukun. I came home and started googling for this name and found out yes it is! I made another visit, unfortunately they were sold out. Eventually, on my third visit, I was able to buy one. It is a little bit pricey (of course..it is an exotic product and can not be found easily), 3.49$/Lb..but still I wanted to buy it since I had not had it for almost 6years.
I want to share this picture for Black and White Wednesday, a weekly culinary photo event. And in case you are wondering how the inside look like, here is another picture of a slice of the breadfruit. Stay tune if you wanna know how I cook this, I will post the recipe soon.

Sukun (Bread-fruit)

2 comments:

Susan said...

Fantastic composition of a most unusual fruit. Very, very well done. I almost regret that you cut it open. Thanks, Lidia, for your fine BWW shot.

Lidia Sianturi said...

Haha...thanks Susan..I need to cut it in order to eat it...

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino