Thursday, September 15, 2011
So yes the other day I wanted to make a birthday cake for a sweet little girl. Since she loves puppies, I decided to make a puppy theme cake. I browsed around and found some cute pictures of puppy fondant. My eyes fixed on this cute poodle puppy and convinced myself that I could make it. While making it, I also took some picture and now I wanna share the step by step of making it. Hope it is useful.
Let's get started!
First, pick a color you like and mix it well to your white fondant. I chose pink, since my Bianca loves pink.
1. Make an egg shape as shown on the picture and let it stand on the table.
2. Make 2 bone shapes for feet, it is easier to make cylinder shapes first than roll the middle part using your point finger on your other palm hand (place the cylinder shape on your left palm hand and roll the middle part using your right point finger or vice versa).
3. Flatten one side of the bone
4. Do it for both bones
5. Bend it a little bit, as shown on the picture
6. Slit 2 lines with a knife on the non-flatten part (for toes)
7. Glue the flatten part on the side of the egg body using some water
8. Make another two legs as shown on the picture. You may prepare two cylinder then roll the 3/4 part of it to form a smaller rod while leaving a bigger portion on one side.
9. Slit 2 lines using knife (the same as what we did on number 6)
10. Wet the front part of the body with water
11. Stick on the two feet
12. Make a round flat shape using other color for collar, I used brown
13. Glue it on top of the egg body
14. Make 11 small pink balls, 2 flat teardrops shapes for ears, one big pink ball (for head), 4 small white balls (stick two of them together) for hairpins, one pink ball (bigger than the 11 small pink balls) for nose, and one very small black ball for nose tip.
15. Arrange the head as shown on the picture. First, stick two rows of 4 pink balls on top of the head (8balls). Then stick another 3 balls on top of those two rows. And then glue the flat teardrop shapes and top it of with the two double white balls/hairpins. Stick on the pink ball for nose and black ball for nose tip. Draw two big dots using edible black coloring pen for eyes (you may punch 2 holes on the eyes position using the round back of small painting brush, then color it).
16. Stick in a tooth pick in the centre of the neck.
17. Glue the head on top of the body with the help of the tooth pick and some water
18. Make a pink ball and stick it on the lower back of the body for tail
Dry it up on an open counter overnightly. Done. Easy right? Now it is your turn to create this cute poodle puppy. Happy fondant-ing!