Lidia's Fried Chicken

Monday, October 29, 2007


Christian came back from grocery shopping and brought me some chicken drumsticks. I did not have enough time to sleep the night before (Bianca's coughing made me worried and stayed awake the whole night) and I was a bit lazy to cook, but I had to...so I decided to cook something simple yet yummy. I came up with this simple recipe...

Ingredients:
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chop or crush
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 pcs Indonesian bay leaves
- salt
- sugar
- 1lt water
- frying oil

In a small pot put all the ingredients except the frying oil and chicken. Mix it well. Add the chicken and bring it to boil (put the lid on), lower the heat and wait until chicken tender.
Drain the water and fry the chicken until brownish.

Note: It is good to eat with Belacan chilli paste (sambal terasi) and warm steam rice.
I said it was too salty...but Christian said it was tasty! What a compliment...

0 comments:

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino