Crispy Chicken with Red Wine Sauce

Wednesday, October 31, 2007


Today we had a guest coming from Toronto. She is a good friend of my in laws. Early morning I opened the fridge to check what we have there, and found nothing except carrots and green bell pepper. Hmm..what should I cook? This question hanging inside my mind for the whole day. Christian left for work and there I was with my little princess, still had the same question in my mind. As a routine I gave Bianca a bath then fed her and brought her to nap. I had lunch myself then showered and did laundry. By the time the laundry was ready to be dried, Bianca woke up and it was already 3pm. So I picked Bianca and dressed her warmly and took her to do some grocery shopping nearby. While I was at the store, I decided to make something with chicken and veggies for the guest. Went home and put the laundry in the drier and started to cook. Before I finished cooking, the guest has already arrived. So I continued cooking while she played with Bianca. We waited for Christian to be home and had dinner together. The guest commented that the chicken is yummy and Christian gave me a kiss on my forehead...(I am flattered..).

Ingredients:
- 600gr chicken breast fillet, thinly cut
- 1/2 pack of Kobe seasoning flour
- 1 pack (300gr) of baby cut carrot
- 1 green bell pepper, wash and cut
- 1 can of sweet green peas
- 1 pack of St Hubert Red Wine Sauce (powder)
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chop
- 4 cloves of small red onion, finely chop
- 1 tomato, cut into 8
- 3 green onion, wash and chop
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp white pepper
- frying oil
- 300ml cold water

On a plate, batter the chicken meat with the flour. Deep fry the battered chicken until brownish.
Place it in a big casserole bowl.
In a small bowl mix the sauce powder with the cold water and stir it evenly. Put it aside.
In a pan, saute garlic and onion with oil for 1-2minutes. Add the baby carrot, green bell pepper and tomato. When they are half cooked, add the sauce mix and stir slowly until it thicken. Add some sugar and white pepper and taste it. At last add the sweet green peas and chopped green onion.
Pour the sauce and cooked veggies on top of the chicken.

Note: Kobe flour can be replaced with tapioca flour and corn flour mix seasoned with salt and pepper. Or if you want it crunchier, you can use bread crumb too.

0 comments:

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino